An underground garage is a vital part of any commercial property. It provides a safe place to park vehicles and protect them from the elements, especially in Toronto & the GTA, but over time, the concrete surfaces can become stained, chipped, and tired looking.
Painting an underground garage is an excellent way to keep it looking great and functioning well for years. In this article, we will discuss the There are many benefits of painting the garage.
What We Paint
B.E.S.T Painting paints:
- Lines/Safety Stripes
Garage Painting: Enhancing Your Space
Painting an underground commercial garage offers the following benefits:
- A fresh coat of paint can make the garage appear cleaner and more aesthetically pleasing, so enhancing the property’s overall appearance.
- A paint job can help protect the concrete surface of the garage from wear and tear, including damage from salt and other chemicals used to melt snow and ice throughout the winter.
- Painting the garage can increase visibility and make it simpler to see where you are going, hence decreasing the likelihood of accidents. This will save you both time and money.
- Increased property value: A well-kept and freshly painted garage can increase the home’s worth, making it more appealing to prospective buyers or renters.
- Moisture Protection: Painting concrete will protect it from moisture, which causes deterioration over time.
- Protection from chemicals: Because concrete is porous, it can absorb chemicals from oil exhaust fumes and tires. The concrete will be protected from these toxins by a barrier created by painting.
durable paint used in painting a commercial underground garage
There are several types of paint that can be used for painting an underground garage, including:
Epoxy Paint: Epoxy paint is a two-part paint system that consists of a resin and a hardener. When mixed together, the components form a chemical reaction that creates a durable and long-lasting paint film. Epoxy paint is highly resistant to moisture, chemicals, and abrasion, making it an excellent choice for an underground garage.
Polyurethane Paint: Polyurethane paint is similar to epoxy paint and is also made from a combination of resin and hardener. It is also highly resistant to moisture, chemicals, and abrasion, making it another excellent option for an underground garage.
Acrylic Paint: Acrylic paint is a water-based paint that dries quickly and is easy to clean up. It is not as durable as epoxy or polyurethane paint but is still a good choice for an underground garage because it is resistant to moisture and chemicals.
Alkyd Paint: Alkyd paint is a type of oil-based paint that is known for its durability and resistance to moisture. It is ideal for underground garages because it dries quickly and is resistant to chemicals and abrasion.
5. Urethane Paint: Urethane paint is a two-part paint system that consists of a resin and a hardener. When mixed together, they form a chemical reaction that creates a hard and durable paint film that is resistant to moisture, chemicals, and abrasion.
Each type of paint has its own benefits, and the right choice will depend on the specific requirements of the underground garage, such as durability, resistance to chemicals, and ease of application. It’s important to carefully consider the type of paint that is best suited for your needs and to follow the manufacturer’s instructions when applying the paint.
The peace of mind of working with professionals...
When it comes time to make a decision of who should paint your facility, the following factors need to be taken into consideration:
- Are the crews seasoned professionals?
- Has the job been inspected and will it be supervised by a NACE Level 3 Coating Inspector?
- Have you been provided an exact coating system as per the Coating Inspector’s instructions?
- Is the work guaranteed?
- Are they insured against damages?
- Is the product being used proven to be long lasting and top-of-the-line?
- Is the company organized and in communication with you?
- Are they coordinating with you to minimize impact on production?
Areas we service:
- Richmond Hill
- Downtown Toronto
- York and more